I think it's because we know that pretty soon we will be living off of one income instead of two and we are trying to get a bunch of last minute projects in that cost money. Since the chances of us having extra money any time soon are pretty slim, we want to get certain things done.
But still, we aren't doing too bad.
- Pay off Mastercard balance (We had completed this but fell a little behind again)
- Use cash/envelope system for groceries
- Pay off Mastercard regularly
Top up emergency fund
- Start to tithe more (Another ongoing thing but so far we have been doing pretty good with it)
- Make a monthly budget and stick to it
- Transition to one income (we are still in the process of doing this. February was awesome, March and April not so much. But May has been pretty good so far and I'm hoping June is too!)
- Put extra money towards paying down the mortgage
Put money into savings account to go towards yearly expenses(This is mostly complete but I'm still hoping to get another paycheque or two into our savings account before I quit.) Furnace installation costs (in garage) Freezer(scored for $100 cheaper than we originally thought!) Quarter cow from local farmer Hedge
- Split rail fence
- Surround sound system