I am quitting my job! Most of you know that this has been something I have wanted to do for years now but the timing was never right. I put it into my goals for 2013 and I am happy to report that as of June 28th, at 1:00pm, I will be able to cross it off my list.
What will I be doing, you ask? I'm going to be a full time homemaker (housewife, stay-at-home-wife, domestic engineer, call it what you may). I AM SO EXCITED!!!!
Ever since I was little, my goal in life was to grow up, get married, have babies and be a stay-at-home-mom. It seemed to be going quite well and the plan was working for a while. Until August 2010 that is. Babies just don't come easy to us. With each loss, not only was I grieving the loss of a baby, but also the loss of a dream. Every time I got pregnant, I got excited that I would soon be done my job and be able to stay home like I had always envisioned myseld doing. And then with each miscarriage, those dreams were dashed.
So moving on to Plan B. Who needs babies to stay at home? Not this girl! I am going to rock the title of stay-at-home-wife and prove that you can be awesome without kids too.
June 28th is fast approaching so I have started making up a list of some of the things I am looking forward to about being home all day. I thought today would be the perfect opportunity to share it.
- Form a daily routine (it will take some time to fall into a routine but I look forward to when I have one down)
- Deep clean entire house
- Monthly freezer cooking day
- Work on house/yard projects
- Knitting projects
- Keep a better handle on our budget
- Bookkeeping day (once a week)
- Morning runs
- Weekly cleaning schedule
- Work on the blog (better format, new pages, possible new look)
- Make Dan the occasional breakfast
- Spend more time in the gardens
- Daily to-do lists