While I know not everyone thinks these sort of awards are cool, I like them and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside that someone likes my blog enough to nominate me. Plus, it also gives me something to blog about today. My mom is still here (leaving today) and I am seriously lacking in blog material.
So without further ado, here is my Sunshine Award post! Stasy over on Dancing My Way Through Life, Loss and Books was nominated and then nominated me.
The Sunshine Award is given to those bloggers who brighten your day. Here's how it works:
- Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer ten questions about yourself.
- Nominate ten bloggers to receive the award.
- Link your nominees and let them know they've been nominated.
- If you could have any super/magical power, what would it be?
Teleporting. I think it would be pretty cool to be able to just show up somewhere else without having the hassle of traveling. I could go visit all my friends and family who live too far away, much more easily than I can now.
- What is your worst vice?
This is a hard one because I'm really not sure...
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Physically, my lips. Personality-wise, how caring I have become since my losses. I am much more sensitive to others going through loss.
- What is your favorite book?
This is a really hard one! I love Francine Rivers and her Mark of the Lion series.
- If you had to choose between losing your cell phone or losing your car (with no way to replace either), which would you choose?
My cell phone. While it would be sad, at least I could still leave my house and visit friends in my car!
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
I don't eat ice cream anymore due to being dairy-free... but it used to be Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Yum!
- M/F/K the guys from Friends: Ross, Chandler, and Joey.
I don't like these questions and I don't want to answer.
- If you had to choose between chocolate and alcohol (wine/beer/liquor) for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- What is your favorite thing about your significant other?
I have to pick a favourite? I love how romantic he is. He loves surprising me and thinking of sweet and caring dates/gifts. He's a sweetheart.
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging on the due date of our twins. We had experienced two losses by this point and I was bitter and angry and needed an outlet. So I started blogging so that I could write out how I was feeling. And so that my family could get a glimpse into what I was going through. Over time and as I healed, this blog evolved into what it is today.
- Tory at Inch by Inch, Row by Row
- Casey at Waffling
- Jillian at Adding a Burden
- Erinn at Strawberry Swing and other things
- Audra at A Little Bit of Rain
Now for my questions for these ladies.
- What is your favourite colour?
- What country are you from and what country are you currently living in?
- What is the #1 destination on your bucket list?
- Favourite movie?
- Most embarrassing moment?
- Least favourite actor and why?
- Food that you couldn't live without?
- What is your worst habit?
- What time do you normally go to bed?
- Why did you start blogging?
I'll be back tomorrow with a quick recap on my mom's visit so be sure to check back in then. I hope you all had a good weekend!