It's been a slow week around here, as I spent most of it painting and recovering from our crazy weekend of IUI's. I really didn't get that much done so I don't really have much to blog about. So I thought it was the perfect time to do a Five Things Friday post. Wouldn't you agree?
1. My Christmas cactus is about to bloom again. I'm pretty sure that this will be the third time in a four month window and I'm kind of delighted. It's in a tiny little pot with old soil and I keep thinking it must not be happy, but it continues to bloom so it must not be that sad. I may still transplant it come summer into something bigger but for now I plan on enjoying the beautiful pink blooms again!
2. I am so totally in love with my new Oh She Glows cookbook. Seriously, I never knew that I could adore a book full of recipes so much, but I really do. It is full of healthy vegan recipes and the pictures make you want to whip up every since thing. I've already tried 6 or 7 recipes from it and have been happy with every single one. I'll be enjoying leftover Soul Soothing African Peanut Stew for lunch. Yum!
3. I would like to take a moment to tell you how much I love cheap pregnancy tests. I ordered 20 tests online and only paid $27 for them. If you consider that one test from the drugstore costs upwards of $10, I got a pretty good deal. And I don't feel bad using them when they're this cheap! Since my trigger shot that I took last Friday has hcg in it, I am "testing out my trigger" so that I will know with 100% certainty that a second line will mean I'm pregnant when I test next weekend. That is, if I'm actually pregnant. Either way, cheap pregnancy tests are the bomb.
4. Since I'm still working on painting our room (only the trim left!), we are still sleeping in the old office. It's a little cramped but it works fine. Although I do admit, I'm excited to get back into our old room and start decorating and setting it up how I want. Plus, the extra space to move around will be nice.
5. I kind of wish that Pinterest was around when I got married six years ago. It has so many good ideas on there and I love looking at all the pictures. Good thing that both my sister and sister-in-law are getting married this summer so that I can live vicariously through them.
So there you have it, some random thoughts for your Friday reading pleasure. I hope you all have a great weekend and I shall see you all next week!