I am so sorry things have been so quiet around here lately. Life just gets busy and I don't have time to post or I don't have anything to post about. I guess there is a season for everything, and this season is one where I don't have five blog posts up a week. I really need to accept that and move on. But it's hard, I feel like I'm failing at blogging and you all must be so disappointed with me. Which I know is all in my head. Ugh.
I thought I would share some random things today, since I kind of like the idea of Five Things Friday. Plus, it allows me to tell you about stuff going on in my life without having to write a whole post on them! Basically, I'm lazy.
1. We bought ourselves a dehydrator last week and I can't wait to start making fruit leathers and dried soups! I've been looking up recipes on Pinterest and getting very excited. We bought it mainly to make foods to take camping with us but I'm hoping to also put it to good use for other things as well. And the best part is, we got it for free using Canadian Tire Money! <--- it's basically a points system for those who don't know. The main thing you should focus on though, is that we didn't need to pay for it.
2. Our yard still has too much snow in it. I am so sick of winter and am so so ready for spring. I know I should suck it up, since PEI has it way worse, but I'm feeling whiny and annoyed. Melt snow melt!
3. My sister Cora sent me the most adorable (and super sweet) card a couple weeks back and I just love it so much. I still have it out on the bookshelf and it makes me smile every time I look at it. Isn't it the best?
4. My basket of books to read (and listen to, go audiobooks) is almost overflowing again. Not to mention, I have two more books on the go that aren't in the basket! I seriously need to buckle down and get reading, especially if I want to meet my goal of 30 books this year.
5. Here is me today. Can you tell I ran out of things to talk about? But seriously, I thought I would snap a picture of me since some changes are happening this weekend and I wanted a before picture. Don't worry, I'll fill you in on the secret next week sometime.
So there you have it, my random Friday post. How is everyone doing? Anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend? Or not so exciting plans? Any random things you want to share with us?