1. I had a cold last weekend and I was in desperate need for some chicken soup. Good thing I have world's best recipe for a nice healthy soup that is sure to cure any sickness. Not really, but it is pretty good soup.
2. Tuesday was a rough day for me and I was having a really hard time letting go of stress. I decided that I should take some time out to curl up on the front porch with a cup of tea, my Bible and my journal.
3. Dan often (pretty much daily) cuddles Mia on the floor but I never do. The other day I decided to change that and we had a nice little cuddle time. Although I'm pretty sure I won't be making this a regular occurrence, since she's kind of heavy and I got a little squished.
4. I finally made beet pickles! I decided that I would just keep putting it off if I didn't buckle down and do it, so I picked the beets last night and pickled them this morning. Go me!
5. Today is a melancholy day for me, for a few reasons. Today was Dustin's due date, which means we should have a child who would be turning 4 today. I can't believe it has already been 4 years. It is also the day two years ago that we found out Daylin's heart stopped beating. So basically, today sucks and I'm really feeling it. I have just felt grumpy and sad since I woke up, with a bit of anger thrown in there. And I don't even have any cookies.
|Two years ago tomorrow|