HOW TO CHOOSE A MAID OF HONOUR (a complete guide* to choosing the best possible maid of honour for your upcoming wedding!!!)
*This is not seriously a complete guide, it is an homage to my little sister!
First off, can I just list my credentials for writing this blog post?
1) I just got married a little over a month ago!
2) I had the best possible maid of honour.
3) I have pictures to prove it!
Ok, now for this complete guide.
When choosing a maid of honour, use this checklist to make sure that she is the best possible option.
- She has known you for a really long time!! Sisters are ideal for fulfilling this criteria.
|Jennie and Cora at least 20 years ago!|
- She is organized (for example, my maid of honour started a wedding binder for my wedding months before I did!!)
- She loves wedding dress shopping (and kind of forces you to go so that you can find the PERFECT DRESS for you)
|One of the many dresses tried on|
|She even helped me shop for my dancing dress. :)|
- She supports and respects your decisions (even when she doesn't always agree). She also reminds you that it is your day... and you can do whatever you want!
- She has the ability to throw great parties!
- She has the potential to get you a perfect wedding gift!
|I got an applesauce maker!! AMAZING!!!!|
|The car loaded to the brim in order to get almost everything to the wedding site|
|The "ribbon" factory|
|The result of the "ribbon" factory|
|Setting up tables|
|Sewing the hanging straps down so they wouldn't show|
|She picked up my wedding dress the day before :)|
|It looks easier than it is!|
|Jennie is a pro at lacing up dresses|
|Even when she doesn't know we're taking a picture!!|
|Jennie putting the final touches on her speech, a few days prior to the big day|
|Us listening to her fabulous maid of honour speech|
|The "family heirloom" is indeed a gift that Jackie offered her at her wedding 6 years prior|
- She contributes to the fun at your reception
|Jennie helping the nieces and nephew to recite a poem (in order to get us to kiss... part of the kissing menu!)|
|The "sisters song" that we have made a tradition out of singing at each and all of our weddings|
|Jennie tearing up as I walked up the aisle!|
Jennie, I love you so much and can't thank you enough for all that you did (and were) for the wedding! I hope this blog post makes your readers laugh, but, more importantly, I hope it makes you realize how terrific you are. A maid of honour extraordinaire indeed!
P.S. We love you!!