Here you go guys, random post #195937474.
1) I started working again last week! I got a part time job, working 21 hours (3 days) a week at the place I used to work. The timing of this job is great and I'm really excited about it. It feels so normal to be back in the office where I used to be, with old coworkers and doing my old job. It is definitely an adjustment from not working for three years, but I am enjoying it. My house on the other hand, looks like a disaster...
2) Dan finished raking all the leaves out of the front yard and even brought over stones to outline the driveway and front garden. I was gone last Saturday afternoon for 5 hours and when I returned our yard looked like this. So much nicer than it used to be and definitely less dumpy. We still have work to do, but this was definite progress.
3) We have doors hung and trim up! We are down to the little fiddly tasks left before moving in, but we are trying to push through and finish them quickly so that we can finally move in properly. I'm so excited for a real living room again.
4) I've been on the lookout for the perfect pendant light to hang in our entrance way, since the ceilings are so high and I think we found the one. Too bad the price tag is so high on it though...
5) I've been busy scrubbing floors lately, getting off paint drips and old dirt that has worked its way in. This step is long and tedious but means we are that much closer to being done, which makes it a little better. So far I only have one and half rooms done though, so I still have a ways to go.
Life is pretty good lately and we are making good progress on the house. I'm trying to get used to balancing work and home life again though, so that is why there has been a shortage of blog posts the last two weeks. What has everyone else been up to as of late?