1. Chocolate, a book and spring sunshine = happiness. I've been unemployed the last month and while I have been keeping busy with house stuff and volunteering, I have also found more time to read and it's been delightful. I didn't realize how much I missed reading until I got back into it more. So I will continue to read as much as I can until I go back to work.
2. I have been on the lookout for a buffet/sideboard/hutch to go in our living room and so far haven't had much luck. I need some more space for some kitchen stuff and other random things we want handy but out of sight, hence the search for a buffet. But I am cheap and picky, so nothing has popped up in the last little while. Lucky for me though, when we were in Quebec for Easter, I came across this beauty in my family's old barn and it will be ours once we can figure out how to get it back to us! I'm a little impatient now, because it's beautiful and will be oh so useful.
3. During the month of April, I tried really hard to push myself and get out for the occasional run, in the hopes of training myself for my 5k race on April 30th. I didn't succeed in getting that many in but the ones I did fit in, I enjoyed. Especially when the days were sunny and warm and it felt like spring was finally coming! I love our neighbourhood and the fact that we have access to waterfront parks.
4. Dan and I bought seven new little chicks to add to our current batch of hens and they are the cutest things ever. Unfortunately one has died (poor little Olivia) but the remaining six are doing well. They lived in our basement for a bit until it started to smell a little too much like a chicken coop in our house and now they are out in the hen house. They are fitting in nicely and growing up all too quickly. There is something extra cute about baby chicks.
5. Wall art is up in our ensuite bathroom! So exciting! My sister-in-law Trish helped me paint these, because she has creative skills and I do not, and I absolutely love them. I'm hoping to get a post up this month with pictures of our finished bathrooms for you guys, instead of just showing you sneak peeks constantly. But until then, admire my nice new bathroom wall art.
And that wraps up this Five Things Friday post! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that the weather is decent wherever you are. Until next time!